A Pest Deterrent Guide for Homeowners
Pest infestation can lead to serious problems such as structural damages to the home and health consequences to you and your loved ones. At Rentokil PCI, we’ve been collecting insights on how best we can help you reduce pest recurrence with easy practices you can apply. Plus if you already have routine pest control treatment, this tips will help prolong the efficacy of the treatment.
- Wait at least 3-4 hours after treatments are carried out before mopping/wiping the floor/ surface that is treated. Try not to use harsh chemicals to wipe it off
- Make sure that all food are stored in air-tight containers as pests like ants and cockroaches are attracted to food and water sources
- Don’t leave food crumbs/ scraps on your kitchen countertop, bin and floor. Clean them every day. Also, don’t leave dirty cutleries and dishes in your sink as they are a food source!
- Keep trash in rubbish bins with fitted lids and make sure that all rubbish are discarded daily to prevent pests from being attracted to the foul odour
- Cardboard boxes attract cockroaches and termites. Using containers made of plastic, glass and metal with tight fitting lids stops them from breeding. You can always re-use the containers afterwards
- Cockroaches and termites love moisture. Remember to spot and remove any stagnant water and fix leakages. Also discard empty cans, bottles that can collect water to prevent mosquitoes from breeding
- Keep tree branches well-trimmed and away from the house as crawling pests like ants and cockroaches can crawl into the house via the branches.
- Seal any cracks and openings. Rats and other small pest can enter your house through these openings